Faux Storm 2015
I have wanted to take photos of my girl/s in the snow forever now. The problem is, we live in Southern CA and although we could probably access snow in about a two hours’ drive, between the husband’s work schedule and our demanding calendar, I just wasn’t sure it would happen for us this year. So, rather than just add “snow images” to my ever-growing list of goals, I decided to play a little. A few months back, while on a walk on one of our local walking trails, I had noticed this little heavily wooded pocket of bare branches and logs and thought it would be perfect for a winter scene. So I took my 4 year old out and had some fun! The best part was, we only shot for about 10 minutes or so. After that, we spent some quality one-on-one time (a rarity these days, since I usually have both kids) checking out nature, collecting pinecones, and her favorite- yelling in the tunnel and listening for our echoes. It was a nice little outing and I’m pleased with the images. But mark my words- next year (hey, maybe even this year, you never know), I will get to the ACTUAL snow to play (and take a few pictures, of course).
- The hubby and I got to have a Happy Hour date last night at the little cafe around the corner. I love having my parents close so my mom can come watch the kids for little quickie outings! So nice.
- We finished the series “How I Met Your Mother” a few nights ago. I don’t want to ruin anything for those who might Netflix it, but I will say that it left me SO emotional! I loved that show, I’m going to miss watching it!
- In need of a new show, we started “Parenthood” last night. We just watched the pilot. I’ve heard great things about it.
- Reading the newest Diane Chamberlain book, “the Silent Sister,” after finishing up “Necessary Lies” last week. Man, I love Diane!
- Made cauliflower pizza crusts last week. They turned out great and were delicious!